- 3 medium-sized zucchini
- 6 garlic cloves
- 12 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp unsweetened marinara sauce
- 700 g goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Slice the zucchini in half length-wise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (don't throw them away!). Put the zucchini boats on a baking sheet.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them thinly with a knife. Fry the garlic in about half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until it gets a little bit browned. Add the baby spinach and zucchini seeds. Fry until soft. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread out the marinara sauce over the zucchini boats and top with the fried baby spinach and garlic. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20–25 minutes or until the zucchini is as tender as you’d prefer and the cheese has a nice golden color.
- Drizzle the zucchini boats with the rest of the olive oil and season with some freshly ground black pepper before serving.